Saturday, August 23, 2008

A White Girl's Wishlist

It’s like Christmas here whenever we get a letter!

MAGAZINES! The key to my heart lies in magazines. Ok!, People, US Weekly, Vogue, Elle, Glamour, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, Marie Claire, etc. To remember my former life and know what the hell is going on in the US! Plus I want to plaster my walls with pictures from magazines.

Garnier Fructis “Surf Hair” Texture Paste Matte Effect. It’s a little bright green bowl with a bright yellow lid. I use it a lot in my hair and hair products for white girls are absolutely unknown here! It can be found in the hair product section, with all the other Garnier products, in Target or Walgreens.

Unscented Dove body lotion – my favorite

Jelly Bellys

Stickers for my classes

Shampoo and conditioner- at this point, I could care less what brand it is. Again, white girl hair products are absolutely unknown here and I need them! Hahah. Brands I like: Herbal Essences, L’Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner, Dove Hair Care, ANYTHING!

Hair Gel- do not care what brand it is or what kind. But I like Herbal Essences and LOreal products.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Black – another white girl product

Little gifts for the kids- they’ll love anything! Little gifts from the dollar stores are great, also candy. Candy like M&Ms, Starbursts and Skittles don’t melt. Books for them would be good too, in English or French.

Tips for Mailing Things: There is a $37 flat rate box, ask for it at the post office. Also, the padded with bubble wrap envelopes are getting here in two weeks- and they are a much cheaper option. A small envelope costs about $7 to send. To mail me a letter, ask for the 94 cent stamp to Africa, or just put four stamps on the envelope. Thanks! I love you!

No comments: