Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Village

My village is called Biro. I am the first white person to ever live there! I’ve visited my village only once, and I will be moving there for two years on September 7. I live in a house across the street from the school I will be teaching at. So rest assured, I will have children at my house 24 hours a day hahah. My house is a three-bedroom African-style house, it’s huge for just one person! I also live across the street from a Catholic Mission that is run by a priest from India, which is random but cool. The closest volunteer, Ryan, is about 30 km away from me. He’s a business volunteer, helping the women’s groups produce shea butter, which is a really cool project!
Biro is absolutely gorgeous, it’s in the jungle so its green and misty as far as the eye can see. There’s rolling hills and at night, a million stars. It’s so beautiful.

No comments: